Are you concerned about your eye health?
Imagine for a moment that you no longer had your eyesight! It’s easy to take your eyesight for granted but there are steps you can take to make sure your eyes stay healthy for as long as possible.
- Eat a well-balanced diet to help maintain a healthy weight, which will in turn make you less likely to become obese. Obesity can lead to diabetes and diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in adults.
- Quit smoking to maintain healthy eyes. Smoking can lead to cataracts, optic nerve damage and macular degeneration.
- Protect your eyes from the sun by wearing sunglasses!
- Use safety eyewear when playing sports and taking part in tasks that may put your eyes at risk.
- Give your eyes a break from staring at the computer screen. Staring at it for too long can lead to eyestrain, blurry vision and dry eyes!